The KPI Partners Vision Workshop
Working Together With Both IT & The Business To Achieve Great Results
Vision workshops are key to any successful technology solution deployment. It is the meeting of the minds between the business users, implementation team and internal IT where we discuss business drivers, goals and success criteria for the project.
This workshop is also used to educate any participant with the capabilities of the BI application so that users do not feel constrained during requirements gathering based on their past experience with an older generation solution.
Prerequisites to a Successful Vision Workshop
The pre-requisites to a successful Vision Workshop are:
- Identifying key individuals from the business and technical teams who need to attend the workshop
- Have a high level project charter developed with an approximate timeline
Vision Workshop Goals
The success of a business intelligence initiative is dependent on 4 key success factors:
- Producing measurable results in financial terms and/or improving organizational effectiveness
- Improved decision making through the greater use of more data driven decision making
- Assessing organizational readiness for the new technology and formulating an appropriate training and change management program
- Ensuring technical readiness in terms of both the technical infrastructure, technical teams and the data infrastructure to meet project goals