The new release of the Oracle BI Applications (18.104.22.168.1) now leverages Oracle Data Integrator (ODI). This huge development means that ODI can alternatively be utilized as the primary data integration tool over Informatica. ODI and its Extract-Load-Transform functionality could provide customers a setup that delivers increased performance and reduced data integration costs.
On June 21st, KPI Partners broadcast a webinar as part of KPI's web series on Examining Oracle BI Applications 11g which explored:
- ODI for BI Apps architecture
- Components of the BI Applications
- Integration with operational systems: Is this supported ERP/CRM sources or application integration?
- Fusion Middleware components: How is this different from OBIA components?
- Enabling insight & alignment across business functions with OBIA
Get access to a recording from our live webcast featuring Vikas Agrawal (KPI Partners) and Hari Cherukupally (Oracle) that examined the latest Oracle Business Intelligence Applications architecture as well as a detailed look into each of the components of the new BI Apps.
An abbreviated preview is available below.
- Part 1 - Oracle BI Applications 11g Overview
- Part 2 - OBIA 22.214.171.124.1 Architecture
- Part 3 - OBIA 126.96.36.199.1 Components
- Part 4 - GoldenGate for OBIA
- Part 5 - Summary / Q&A
01:02 - Can a customer use an existing ODI deployment with Oracle BI Apps 11g?
02:10 - What is the upgrade path from Oracle BI Apps 7.9.X to 188.8.131.52.1?
03:23 - Is there a virtual image available for download?
03:45 - 184.108.40.206.1 does not support Non-Oracle sources?
04:55 - Can you use JD Edwards on SQL Server with the current version?
05:42 - Can you use Student Information Analytics with 7.9.6?
06:48 - Is there a roadmap for Informatica?
08:12 - Are ODI and GoldenGate mutually exclusive options?
09:42 - How did Oracle determine the metrics to be included in Student information Analytics?
10:52 - How does Oracle BI Apps 220.127.116.11.1 work with Exalytics?
12:05 - Is there a separate cost for Oracle Data Integrator or GoldenGate?
13:33 - Why has Oracle decided to move from Informatica to ODI?
15:08 - Has DAC been replaced?