As part of KPI's web series on Examining Oracle BI Applications 11g, Keith Mascarenhas from KPI Partners provides an introductory look at Oracle GoldenGate. In the video recording, Keith takes a look at an overview of GoldenGate, the logical architecture for a simple GoldenGate replication solution, gets us familiarized with the components involved in the GoldenGate architecture, and also brushes through some of the possible solutions that satisfy an organizations data replication needs.
Specific topics of discussion include:
- 01:57 - What is Oracle GoldenGate?
- 03:01 - What Does GoldenGate Do?
- 04:25 - Supported Databases & Methods
- 06:23 - GoldenGate Components (Manager, Extract, Data Pump, Trails, Collector, Replicat)
- 13:17 - Supported Topologies (Unidirectional, Bidirectional, Broadcast, Consolidation, Cascading)
Keith Mascarenhas is a data warehousing and business intelligence enthusiast. As a senior-level consultant for KPI Partners, Keith has participated in some of the most complex deployments of OBIEE, Oracle BI Applications, and Informatica in the world. His expertise also includes Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), Cognos, and Oracle Warehouse Builder (OWB). Check out Keith's blog at KPIPartners.com.