The client had large amounts of data in Oracle EBS's Financial Accounting and Project Accounting modules. Syneos was unable to process this volume of data in a timely fashion in a traditional data warehouse using Informatica. The client also faced performance issues generating reports in OBIEE. To solve this problem, the client decided to migrate its
- Warehouse Database from RDMS to HDFS On-Premises
- ETL code from Informatica to Hive
- Analytical Reports from OBIEE to SAS Viya using KPI Cloud Analytics
The client selected KPI over multiple vendors through a rigorous RFP process. KPI's expertise in Apache Hadoop, EBS, SAS Viya, and Power BI was the key differentiator for the client. In addition, KPI provided the KPI Cloud Analytics solution to minimize cost and time to provide extensive prebuilt content.
What KPI Delivered
- Provided prebuilt KPI out-of-the-box Cloud Analytics ETL for project accounting and financial accounting assets modules in Hive
- Customized the KPI prebuilt solution based on client' existing ETL
- Migrated OBIEE reports to SAS Viya and then adapted them for Power BI
- Converted ETL logic from Hive to Scala to cut the ETL run time
- Integrated data from different source systems such as Salesforce, a backlog system, a geolocation system, and Oracle Time and Labor into the data warehouse
- Monitored production jobs and addressed failures to complete jobs on time
KPI Cloud Analytics - Architecture
- Optimized the ETL process by converting Hive code to Scala and cut load time over 90%
- Implemented Scala code to push GL balances from Hadoop into an Oracle database to support Hyperion Financial Management reporting
- Automated enriching warehouse data with data that had been maintained in an offline database, improving reliability of the process, and cutting ETL load time
- Built analytic reports in Power BI to improve the look and feel of reports and provide more self-service.
- Implemented Row-level Security in Power BI
- Automated a manual extract process to send project accounting data weekly for downstream processing
- Automated dimension and fact data quality checks
- Migrated 150 + reports from OBIEE to SAS Viya for Project, Finance, and Sales Analytics
- Cut report execution time by over 90%
- Client was able to discontinue support of Oracle BI Applications
Comments not added yet!