Leveraging Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM and Power BI for Sales Account Management reporting
KPI uses Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM(Symphony) Sales application to track the CRM Sales details. The data is stored in Dataverse which uses Common Data Model (CDM) template to store the data. They wanted to build a Transactional reporting solution on top of the application and embed it within the application. This would help different teams within Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM Sales application to analyze the data which they own such as Opportunities, Estimated Revenue, Action Items, Commitments, etc.
What KPI Delivered
- KPI worked on Proof of Concept (POC) using Dataverse which has a built-in security model, Power BI, and MS Dynamics 365 CRM
- KPI designed and delivered a Power BI model for different reporting requirements on the transactional systems and embed them within the Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM Sales application. KPI also built the complex Power BI reports as per the user requirements
- Users started using Power BI reports and switched from excel based reporting which was a manual process every time
- No need to implement a security model at Power BI as Dataverse has an in-built data security implementation
- Reports are built for different business teams based on the requirements
- Easy tracking and analysis of data for all the business teams
- Users can see the real-time data on Power BI reports when they do any changes to Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM sales application
- Uses can see the reports within Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM application as an embedded content
- Provided an option to navigate from embedded report to the same report in Power BI workspace for further slice and dice of data
- Provided an option to pass the object from Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM Sales application to the Power BI report
- Dynamic estimated revenue calculation capability in Power BI that helps users to choose any year and calculate the estimated revenue for future years
- Power BI report provides an option to view the estimated revenues for the opportunities by different states such as Won Opportunities, On-Track Opportunities, At-Risk Opportunities, etc. in a scoreboard format which helps users to analyze the revenue segregation and calculate the net revenue
Comments not added yet!