Migrate on-premise BI/DW components to Oracle Cloud to minimize the overheads, maintenance costs and get cost optimizations by moving to Oracle Cloud.
Client had implemented the KPI Cloud Analytics model for Oracle HCM which was hosted on their On-Premise server. KPI Partners had the expertise to migrate their ETL and Reporting code to Oracle Cloud Stack and the client chose KPI Partners for their capabilities and quick turnaround time.
What KPI Delivered
KPI helped the client in migrating from a tech stack that was On-premise to an entirely cloud-based Oracle cloud tech stack. The components that were migrated were:
- Oracle On-Premise DB to Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- ODI On-Premise to ODI on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- OBIEE 11g to Oracle Analytics Cloud Solution
Along with the migration, a few other deliverables were addressed.
- The data sources were primarily from Oracle HCM and On-Premise EBS. The data from these two sources had to be merged and loaded to the cloud data warehouse.
- The security model was changed to be based on the new Oracle HCM Org hierarchy moving away from the On-Premise EBS hierarchy.
- Moving to the cloud tech stack has reduced the costs related to IT infrastructure
- Report performance has improved significantly leveraging the new features and capabilities of ADW
- ETL data loads have also improved compared to On-premise data loads
- A modern interface and new capabilities like Data Visualizer made available to the users
- Updated security model in place leveraging the latest Organization hierarchy in HCM
- Merged the data from On-Premise EBS data source with Cloud HCM data source and loaded it into Oracle ADW