Enterprise DW on AWS Redshift and Power BI
About Hitachi Vantara
Hitachi Vantara is a $1 billion+ US Data Storage, Software and services company based in Santa Clara with over 7,000 employees.
Customer Need / Business Driver
Hitachi Vantara were finding it difficult to cater business users with the demand of high-performance reports, AdHoc reporting capabilities with the existing Oracle BI Apps platform and the existing BI platform was soon out of Support.
Hitachi Vantara selected KPI over multiple vendors through a rigorous RFP process. KPI’s expertise in AWS Redshift, Denodo, EBS and Power BI was the key differentiator for Hitachi Vantara in addition to KPI’s blended shore model to minimize cost and risk for Hitachi Vantara.
What KPI Delivered
AWS Redshift based Analytics system for data from Oracle EBS, Salesforce, Revpro and other legacy source systems. KPI also delivered a complex solution for Realtime reporting to ensure more accurate and timely reporting needs for business.
KPI delivered AdHoc reporting solution by exporting final reporting tables from Redshift to Athena that could allow users to build complex AdHoc reports.
- Optimized reports performance compared to On-Premise OBIEE system
- Automated data quality checks to ensure Data Lake is accurate prior to ETL loads
- Implemented centralized data security layer in Denodo to ensure underlying tables are not being exposed to users
- Implemented Airflow to run 400+ jobs which includes scheduling and monitoring the ETL jobs and Power BI reports refresh
- Data unload to Athena enabled users to have more access to historical data in a cost-effective manner
- Users now have the ability to perform AdHoc reporting, near Realtime reporting effectively without downtime of reporting application