Currently Open - Hadoop Solution Architect
KPI Partners provides strategic guidance and technology systems for clients wishing to enable big data applications for both operations and analytics. We empower businesses with the ability to derive deep insights for fact-based decisions that can increase competitive advantage, create process efficiencies, monetize data, and increase revenue.
With a team of industry experts and thought leaders in big data technologies including the Apache Hadoop ecosystem and NoSQL databases, our consultants have unparalleled expertise in working with various big data technologies including Hadoop, Cassandra, Hortonworks, Cloudera, Confluent and MapR.
Title: Hadoop Solution Architect
Locations: Newark (CA), Los Angeles (CA), Boston (MA), Hyderabad and Bengaluru (India)
We are looking for dynamic Hadoop Solution Architects to expand our Big Data practice.
Job summary - what we're looking for...
The consultant will be responsible for supporting our business activities through active work on client engagements. Minimum requirement is a comprehensive understanding of Computer Systems and Programming. Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field. BE/B.Tech, BCA, M/sc, ME/ M.Tech, MBA, MCA, should apply. Master's degree is a plus.
- 12 years of experience with at least 4 years in a big data implementation project
- Proficiency in Hadoop (Hortonworks/Cloudera/MapR), Spark
- Core experience in Java/Python for data processing, other scripting languages optional
- Experience with big data workflows
- Exposure to NoSQL databases (e.g. Cassandra, HBase, Mongo DB)
- Experience with Lambda architecture
- Experience working in Big 4 consulting firms
- Hortonworks or Cloudera certifications preferred
- Hive SQL
- ORC formats
How we support our consultants
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Technically challenging and interesting projects
- Opportunity to lead project teams as either a technical lead or a project manager as you gain experience
- A supportive work environment