Leveraging Matillion ETL for Snowflake & Power BI to streamline reporting
About TPI Composites
TPI Composites is a $1.7 billion+ global wind turbine manufacturing company headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Customer Need / Business Driver
TPI Composites struggles to wrangle point of sale (POS) data sets from their different sites in the USA, Turkey, Mexico, India & China, along with meaningful analytical insights and dashboards for Finance, HR, Manufacturing, and Production Quality.
Recommended by Snowflake, KPI Partners was able to resolve implementation issues and report backlog. KPI’s expertise in Matillion, Snowflake, AWS, and Power BI was the key differentiator. In addition, Our blended shore model helps to minimize overall cost and risk for TPI Composites.
What KPI Delivered
Matillion based Analytics solution from Snowflake – Finance, HR, Manufacturing & Quality tables. KPI also delivered a complex look-up program to map Products to different types of blades to ensure more accurate reporting.
KPI delivered an automated data standardization and Power BI data sources that could hook into other systems/files to allow users to build complex reporting about point of sale data based on different visualizations.
- Optimized the process for reporting on finance and quality data
- Accomplished data standardization
- Automated the manual reporting process
- Closed data gaps between customers and TPI Composite’s data
- Optimize reporting to different sites (USA, Turkey, Mexico, India & China).
- Reusable processes with restart-ability and recoverability
- Business Users can easily explore their complex data without days of data preparation in excel
- Data is made available through daily refresh instead of weekly practice at TPI. Users gained the ability to easily slice data by location, site, customer, product, date, etc.
- Rapid integration from diverse data sources is happening across Sites, helping the Business to create and analyze new KPIs