Eaton is a global technology leader in electrical components and systems for power quality, distribution and control; hydraulics components, systems and services for industrial and mobile equipment; aerospace fuel, hydraulics and pneumatic systems for commercial and military use; and truck and automotive drivetrain and powertrain systems for performance, fuel economy and safety. Eaton has approximately 70,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 150 countries.
A newly combined sales organization in EMEA created new sales reporting and analysis needs. Each country’s operations are supported by 15 Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems across 28 countries.
- No central repository of all EMEA sales data
- No unified sales data definition, “vocabulary”
- No hierarchy management (products, customers, organization)
- No integrated solution for Sales analysis
- Manual rework/process needed – source of errors
- Deploying Oracle Order Management Analytics; Integrating 15 Enterprise Resouce Planning (ERP) systems incuding SAP, Oracle E-Business Suite, Navision, BPCS, BaaN, Produflex, MARPACS, and KOPEN.
- Integrating Sales Data for 28 Countries in Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) region
- Multi Currency enabled
- Providing visibility to Sales, Orders, Bookings, Backlog and Price Realization.
Ability to view this data by Sales Region, Sales Area, Country, Product, Customer (Ship To/Bill To), Sales team, Customer Geography, Market Segments, Key Accounts; This tool also provides visibility to a key metric called RPI (Realized price index), key metrics for measuring price in Oracle E-Business Suite.
This effort serves as a foundation for integrating data from the Americas and Asia Pacificto provide full visibility to Sales and Orders at a daily level. The flexibility of the solution is impressive: Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) has undergone a recent re-organization; by just realigning the hierarchy data we are able to view the data by the new business structure. In the future, as Eaton acquires/divests companies, this tool will also be used to see the combined sales of acquired and current companies.