The team of Sid Goel, Kusal Swarnakar, and Sid Singh collaborated on a webinar last week that covered the much misunderstood subject of Bookings, Billings, and Backlog Analysis.
Bookings, Billings and Backlog (BBB) analysis is a key component to reducing Order-to-Cash cycle time. By analyzing bookings, shipping performance and billings, organizations can quickly gain insight into areas that may serve as an opportunity for improvement. For example, by applying an analytic solution that focused on backlogs and return reasons, a Fortune 500 company quickly identified quick-wins to improve customer satisfaction.
There are a number of reasons why organizations struggle with Bookings, Billings and Backlog analysis:
- Data is distributed disparately across multiple functional areas
- Order Management, Account Receivables & Inventory Management. This distribution of data can prevent holistic reporting.
- "Why?" and "How?" analysis is not easy.
- Comparative analysis of Bookings, Billings and Backlog data with historical trend data is not possible.
The webinar was structured into 2 sections:
- The Business Value of Bookings, Billings, and Backlog Analysis
- A Demonstration of BBB Analysis using Oracle BI