With this release, we can download a complete new Oracle Mobile BI HD application from the Apple App Store. This release provides end-user enhancements in the following areas:
1. Maximize Views With Double-tap Gesture
- With this new feature, you can access on your iPad more data even within dense dashboards without the restrictions of the smaller form factor.
- You can maximize an individual view with in a dashboard by double-tapping on it. The individual view then displays within the full screen of the iPad.
- This maximizing of views can be done on views accessed within a dashboard, and also when viewing an analysis independent of a dashboard.
- To revert back to normal size view, repeat the double-tap gesture.
2. Displays New Views and Graph Types
New View and graph types are available for display in Oracle BI Mobile:
- Performance tiles, Waterfall graphs, 100% stacked graph as subtypes to the bar graph and the area graph, stacked graph as a new subtype to the area graph.
3. Fixed Headers
This is a view level property for Table, Pivot and Advanced Trellis Views.
- In Analysis with fixed headers, you can use a single-finger drag gesture to scroll through data in all directions.
4. Viewing of Oracle BI Publisher Reports in Dashboards (There was a Bug in previous version.)
We can view Oracle BI Publisher content in the Oracle Mobile application in the same way you view it in the desktop version of OBIEE.
In Mobile BI you can:
- Open reports directly from the Oracle Presentation Catalog and w can view them in Dashboards.
- Apply parameters for BI Publisher reports.
- Save BI Publisher reports as local content and we can refresh their data.
- Email locally saved reports as static attachments, but not as embedded content.
- View read-only catalog information about the active report in login screen.
5. Changing Between Landscape and Portrait Orientation While Viewing Oracle BI Content
- While holding the iPad, you can quickly switch between landscape mode and portrait mode.
- We can choose the orientation of the Mobile BI application that suits for the display style or format of the BI content that we are viewing.
- To switch the orientation from portrait to landscape or vice versa, simply rotate /tilt the iPad.
6. Oracle BI Mobile Security Toolkit
- The Oracle Business Intelligence Mobile Security Toolkit provides the ability to generate a signed version of the Oracle BI Mobile HD application.
- The toolkit includes the instructions and necessary content to build this application making use of Apple's Xcode and the IOS SDKs.
- The Oracle BI Mobile Security Toolkit will be updated on a regular basis in order to synchronize with the Oracle BI Mobile HD application available on the Apple App store.
7. Integrated Full Text Search
- As In OBIEE desktop version, we can use a full-text search to search a catalog object in Oracle Mobile BI application based on some attributes such as author and column name.
- Full-text search functionality will be available only after OBIEE integration with Oracle Endeca Server.
Source Note: Oracle Documentation.