KPI Cloud Analytics for HCM to address analytical needs post-migration to Oracle HCM Cloud
About our client
Our client is a $10 billion+ US manufacturer and retailer with over 50,000 employees.
Customer Need / Business Driver
This client’s workforce is spread across the globe. The client requires a robust analytical system to monitor and report the daily changes and events relating to its human capital. To manage the global workforce, this client needed robust analytical tools to monitor, track, and develop its human capital.
The client selected KPI over multiple vendors through a rigorous RFP process. KPI’s out-of-the-box solution in HCM Analytics and expertise in Oracle ODI and Tableau were the key differentiators. In addition, KPI’s blended onsite-offshore model minimized the client’s cost and risk.
What KPI Delivered
Oracle HCM based KPI HCM Analytics out-of-the-box solution gave a jump start for this client’s workforce and event-based analytics. KPI’s HCM data warehouse mode was made so robust for the client, which helped them to build their own reports based on their management’s requirements to manage their workforce effectively.
KPI delivered an effective ETL framework and interface which could handle different operation scenarios and deletes at source for highly impacted dimensions and measures. KPI modelled flattened reporting tables for data standardization and multiple Tableau data sources that could allow users to build complex reporting to meet their business needs.
- KPI HCM Analytics paved the way to meet the ever-changing reporting requirements to manage this client’s human capital
- KPI delivered more than 600 data elements available for reporting through six Tableau data sources
- KPI developed approximately 100 reports on 7 dashboards
- Implemented an “as of any date” Tableau roster report
- Developed reporting tables to improve report performance and provide cross-fact table functionality
- Designed Tableau row-level security in a way that it mimics Oracle HCM’s AORs (areas of responsibilities)
- Implemented an expandable column-level security solution to hide sensitive
- information from non-HR users
- Enabled soft deletes for 45 HCM tables
- Implemented automatic load mechanism for large HCM tables where BI Publisher limitations do not allow extract into a single file