Migrating existing Informatica code base to Talend
Therma-Tru is the leading entry door brand most preferred by building professionals. Founded in 1962, Therma-Tru pioneered the fiberglass entry door industry, and today offers a complete portfolio of entry and patio door system solutions, including decorative glass doorlites, sidelites, transoms, and door components. Therma-Tru is headquartered in Maumee, Ohio.
Therma-Tru’s Business Needs
Therma-Tru was using on-premise Informatica PowerCenter for populating SQL server Datawarehouse and was experiencing issues with slow performance. Therma-Tru was planning to standardize their enterprise ETL tool as Talend and were looking for integration partners who could accelerate this migration process.
Therma-Tru’s Selection Process
Therma-Tru opted to migrate from Informatica PowerCenter to Talend Studio 7.3.1 because it met all their real-time big data processing and cloud requirements.
Therma-Tru selected KPI for this assignment due to KPI's cloud ETL migration capabilities and their prior successful projects in similar engagements.
What KPI Delivered
- KPI converted highly complex Informatica mappings to Talend using KPI's Partner solution, BladeBridge converter
- KPI Optimized the auto-converted code to meet Therma-Tru's business needs. KPI implemented Talend best practices
- KPI performed rigorous testing and ensured the converted code was production-ready.
- KPI fixed issues found during UAT as prioritized by Therma-Tru within available UAT time. KPI provided Project Management services as an add-on.
- To accelerate the project timeline pro-actively plan the workload, scheduling, and any required training for client personnel in a timely manner. Transferred knowledge to client personnel in a manner that ensures the project was successful after the KPI Partners engagement.
- Automated code conversion up to 90%
- Quality Assurance on migrated data and functionality
- 3x report performance improvement on average for enhanced user adoption
- Faster ETL incremental loads to give users their data faster
- Cloud Migration resulting in reduced maintenance cost of ETL server/ platform
- Faster Project delivery due to usage of BladeBridge automation software
- Cost-saving up to 50%