Migrating OBIEE dashboards and reports to Power BI
The EN Operations Team, part of the Enterprise Networking (EN) Engineering group that develops software and network management platforms, embarked on BI Modernization effort for a greater customer experience and wider outreach for internal customers.
Client selected KPI based on recommendations by Microsoft. KPI's expertise in Microsoft technologies especially on the Power platform was the key differentiator for the client, in addition to KPI's blended shore model to minimize cost and risk for the client.
What KPI Delivered
KPI Analyzed 400+ legacy reports developed using OBIEE pointing to Oracle and Teradata.
KPI developed robust scalable Power BI datasets by factoring in dynamic Row-level security and object-level security. App-based Power BI reports deployment and Azure AD integration seamlessly ported all users and user groups on to new reporting platform.
Complex multi-page reports in OBIEE redesigned with the Power BI paginated report builder and published to the Power BI service and all iBots in OBIEE migrated as a data-driven subscription in Power BI.
Some of the legacy features, such as Write-Back, have been developed with Microsoft Power Apps and also with the standalone Node.JS application.
KPI also implemented KPI Delivers KPI's Email Bursting Accelerator for Power BI which exports Power BI reports, then uploads them to designated folders in SharePoint, and sends custom emails to individual business users with SharePoint file link.
- KPI modernized legacy reporting system to latest cloud-based reporting system
- Simplified complex report development in Power BI
- Migrated Dynamic Row level and object level security without any functional impact
- Ensured Data refresh SLA for different datasets
- APP based Power BI report deployment ensured object level security to different user groups
- Email delivery of paginated reports as per previous schedule
- Ensuring multiple version of Power BI report's exports available in SharePoint using KPI's Power BI Delivers Accelerator
- KPI developed operational dashboards to track report usage