Migrating SSRS dashboards and reports to Power BI
The client wanted to modernize their SSRS-based legacy reporting systems developed for the Operations division including pipeline reports, ageing, and operational dashboards to track day-to-day operations. They wanted to move to a cloud platform with minimal operational overhead and chose Power BI/Snowflake for their future state.
The client selected KPI over multiple vendors through a rigorous RFP process. KPI's expertise in Microsoft technologies especially on the Power platform along with KPI's strong partnership tiers with Microsoft technologies were the key differentiators for the client to choose KPI over other vendors. In addition, KPI's blended shore project execution model to minimize cost and risk for the client was another major factor.
What KPI Delivered
- KPI Analyzed 150+ legacy reports developed using SSRS pointing to SQL Server
- KPI developed robust scalable Power BI datasets by factoring in the conversion of legacy T-SQL code to Snowflake compatible SQL
- Conversion also factored in Data model changes from legacy normalized structure to denormalized data models in snowflake
- Complex multi-page reports in SSRS were redesigned using Power BI paginated report builder and published to Power BI service
- KPI modernized the legacy reporting system to the latest cloud-based reporting system
- Simplified and standardized complex report development in Power BI using KPI's proven methodologies
- Converted T-SQL Code to Snowflake compatible code
- Converted code to incorporate new Xplor data model
- Combined multiple similar reports into one report
- Ensured Data refresh SLA for different datasets
Comments not added yet!