We can create a "Custom Group" for a "Single View" or "All Views" available in a particluar Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) report.
This will provide the ability to “Include” or “Exclude” calculated items and groups at the view level for columns and column headers. Specifically, two new options have been added, "Include Custom Member" and "Exclude Custom Member." These interactions are available for tables, pivot tables, and trellises. In this release, when adding a calculated item or group, you can select either the "Current View" or "All Views" option button to add group or calculate item to specific active or to "All Views."
Note/Limitation: Include or Exclude calculated items and groups will work only at Table Views, Pivot Table Views and Trellis.
To create "Custom Group" to "Current View", or "All Views" for a report do the following:
1. To edit the report for which you want to create a Custom Group, navigate to the dashboard page and click “Edit.”
2. Select the rows (select multiple values using CTRL button) to "Create Group" or "Create Calculated Item."
3. Report Editor opens a tab to provide "Display Label" to the "New Group" created. We then need to select whether this "New Group" is to appear in either "All Views" or only in "Current View."
(Current View has been selected in this screen shot.)
4. Notice that the "New Group" is customized as, "BizTech–FunPod" and is added to the "Current View" table, but not the "Graph View."
5. If we want to make any modifications to this newly added custom group, "Right Click" on the group and you will see a set of options below that will be available:
- "View Group Definition."
- Edit the Group or modify the formula for the group.
- Remove the "Custom Group".
- "Exclude Custom Group" from the current view.
6. Create another "Custom Group" with the display label of "FunPod–HomeView." Select this group as to available for "All Views."
7. You will then notice that the "New Custom Group" named FunPod–HomeView is added to "All Views" in the report (Table View & Graph View).
8. "Exclude Custom Member," FunPod–HomeView, from the table view.
9. We can also include the custom member which is excluded from the current view. Custom members who are all excluded from table view are available in the "Include Member" tab. You can add back the member by selecting that particular member.
Note/Limitation: Once a "Custom Member" is added to the graph view they cannot be excluded/included back again. If we want to get rid of the "Custom Member" from graph view, we need to delete the "Custom Member" from the selection steps. This will delete the "Custom Member" from "All Views."
By deleting the FunPod–HomeView from selection steps, it has deleted the custom member from "All Views."
This tutorial will help you to create and understand the use of the feature “Creating Custom Groups to "Current View" or "All Views" in a report.